First Class Solutions,
Inc. sm was showcased on WBR's Health Journal Television. Watch the video.
- Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE co-presents “Tackling Denials: Starting out the New Year on the Defense” for NAHRI (National Association for Healthcare Revenue Integrity) in January 2021
- Deanna Peterson Spoke at HIMSS in March 2020 on Long Term Care Interoperability Challenges
- March of 2020, Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE presents “Outsourcing, Offshoring, and other “On” and “In” Staffing Solutions” to the Ozarks Area Health Information Management Association
- Edye Edens, JD, presented “Maximizing the Efficacy of Organizational Project Management by Revolutionizing Your Culture of Leadership” at DIA 2020 Global Annual Meeting in Washington DC in June 2020
- Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE speaks on “Where’s Your Career Going?” for the California Health Information Association in September 2020
- Edye Edens, JD, spoke at Texas Medical Center on Post Approval Monitoring in a COVID-19 Environment in October 2020
- In November 2020, Dawn Bertels, RHIT, CCS was promoted to Senior Coding Compliance Consultant
- Deanna Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS and Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE spoke at KSHIMA and Mo/ILHIMA meeting in May 2019
- Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE presents as HFMA’s ANI: The ABCs of HCCs
- Edye Edens, JD, spoke at IND/IDE Education Program at University of Minnesota in February 2018
- Deanna Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS became licensed in the State of Missouri as a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, March 2018
- David Vence, MHI, MA, BS, RHIA, CPC and Sally Frese, MSN, RN, BC, CPC presented at MGMA of Greater St. Louis fall convention: Building up your Practice: Strength Training for Effective Mid-Level Provided Utilization, Billing Compliance (October 2018)
- Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE presents “HCCs: Guarding Against Upcoding Practices” at the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) (October 2018)
- Deanna Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS, Spoke at EMHIMA Spring Fling March 2017
- Ben Burton, JD, MBA, RHIA, CHP, CHC, CRC, presented at HCCA, March 2017
- In May of 2017, Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE presented multiple sessions at the Health Information Management Association of Hawaii including “MACRA & MIPS: What do these M&Ms mean for HIM Professionals”
- October 2017, Deanna M. Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS awarded the Emerging Leader Award from AHIMA
- February 2016, Deanna Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS co-authored Healthcare Privacy Considerations of Body-Worn Cameras
- In March 2016, Bill Remmich, MBA, CPC, CCS, Maria Brooks-Swims, RHIA, CPC, CRC, and David Vence, RHIA, CPC were promoted to Assistant Vice Presidents and Deanna Peterson was promoted to Vice President in June 2016
- Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE presents on ICD-10 Optimization to the CFO Roundtable 2 in September 2016
- Deanna Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS and Benjamin Burton, JD, MBA, RHIA, CHP, CHC, CRC presented “42 CFR Part 2—Modernized and Muddled: A Discussion of Challenges with Proposed
Regulations” at the AHIMA Convention in October 2016
- Ben Burton, JD, MBA, RHIA, CHP, CHC, CRC, was appointed to serve on HCPro’s Editorial Advisory Board (2016)
- Deanna Peterson, MHA, RHIA, CHPS and Benjamin Burton, JD, MBA, RHIA, CHP, CHC, CRC co-authored practice brief: Implementation and Management of Patient Portals; April 2015
Several First Class Solutions, Inc.’ staff achieved the new certification in Risk Adjusted Coding from the AAPC. This new certification requires a thorough understanding the documentation requirements of and coding for hierarchical condition categories (HCCs) often used by Medicare Advantage, Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other commercial risk-based health plans. Those individuals achieving the certification include:
- Benjamin Burton
- Christine Geiger
- Elizabeth Giustina
- Pam Scott
- Joan Shutter
- Maria Swims
- Jane Werner
June 16, 2016
First Class Solutions, Inc. welcomes Lian Collins, BS, RHIA to its team. Lian will be part of the SNF-Long-term Care team as well as assisting acute care clients with interim management and MPI needs.
June 2, 2016
Deanna Peterson has been promoted to Vice President of Health Information Consulting Services for First Class Solutions. She has been instrumental in developing a SNF-Long-term care division and has assisted a number of acute care organizations in their interim management needs.
Deanna Peterson was awarded the Outstanding Volunteer Award by the Missouri Health Information Management Association at its annual meeting.
February 3, 2016
Maria Swims, RHIA, CCS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS Trainer, CRC, Bill Remmich, MBA, CCS, COC, AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS Trainer, and David Vence, MHI, MA, RHIA, CPC are promoted to Assistant Vice Presidents. All deserve this promotion for the extra efforts they have put forth in making First Class Solutions the successful consulting firm it is today.
November 1, 2012
Pam Scott, RHIT, CCS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS Trainer is promoted to Assistant Vice President, Coding Compliance and Classification Services. Pam has worked for First Class Solutions since 1990. She started as a part-time coder providing PRN coding support for our clients, progressed to senior coder and then transitioned to coding compliance.
October 3, 2011
Rose Dunn was recognized at the 2011 AHIMA Convention for Outstanding Service in light of her filling the Chief Executive Officer position at AHIMA while a search was conducted for a new CEO. An endowed scholarship was also started in her name. Additionally, First Class Solutions received an AHIMA Corporate Award at this Convention.
July 6, 2009
FIRST CLASS SOLUTIONS, INC. LAUNCHES SKILLED NURSING FACILITY CONSULTING SERVICES
Deanna M. McCarty, MHA, RHIA Heads Skilled Nursing Facility/Long Term Care Consulting Services
First Class Solutions, Inc., a healthcare consulting leader in the health information management arena has expanded its consulting services to include long term care facilities. Focusing on improving workflow and process improvements in facility health information management/medical record departments and guiding clinicians on documentation requirements, First Class Solutions’ newest employee, Deanna McCarty will be available to assist skilled nursing facilities in Missouri in July 2009.
Deanna holds experience in regulatory and compliance, quality improvement, document imaging, release of information and department management. Her education and experience give her the skills to recognize the impact of health information upon other departments and facilitate necessary changes. She has worked in short term acute care, ambulatory and long term acute care settings. In particular, her experience in long term acute care serves as the basis for her launching long term care HIM consulting services.
Deanna received her B.S. in Health Information Management and M.H.A. from Saint Louis University. She is a member of the Eastern Missouri, Missouri and American Health Information Management Associations.
First Class Solutions, Inc. has been providing healthcare facility, providers, and third party payers health information management and operational guidance since 1988. “Intentionally moving into the long term care arena is a natural progression given the shift in the patient population,” said Rose Dunn, Chief Operating Officer for the company and a former licensed nursing home administrator.
If you would like more information about this Release, or to schedule an interview with Rose Dunn, please call 314-290-7800 or Contact US
EDCO Group invites Rose Dunn to participate in VHA Broadcast Audioconference on document imaging/capture. Listen to audioconference.
SCOTT RETURNS TO ST. LOUIS: After commuting for 2+ years to First Class Solutions’ client, Baycare Health System in Tampa, Pam Scott, RHIT, CCS will start mid-month performing her coding remotely for Baycare. “This option will not only benefit Baycare by saving them travel expenditures, but also allow Pam to pitch in and help Baycare on the spur of the moment—it’s a win-win,” said Rose Dunn, COO of First Class Solutions.
October 20, 2008
JANICE NOLLER JOINS FCS: Janice Noller, RHIA, CCS, CPHQ, has joined First Class Solutions as a coding consultant. Janice previously served as corporate coding director for a healthcare system based in St. Louis. “Her more than 30 years of experience will benefit our clients,” stated Rose Dunn, COO of FCS.
October 15, 2008
DUNN RECEIVES LEGACY AWARD: At the 2008 AHIMA National Convention in Seattle, WA, Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, CHPS, FAHIMA received AHIMA’s legacy award. Dunn was acknowledged for 35 years of work in HIM, during which she has published books and led in-person and audio presentations on productivity and benchmarking support. A past-president of AHIMA and the Missouri HIMA, Dunn has also served as an editorial advisor and chair of the FORE board of directors.
The AHIMA Legacy Award honors and recognizes individuals who have helped to further develop the health information management (HIM) profession and HIM concepts. Both Ms. Schraffenberger and Ms. Dunn have demonstrated excellence with handson practice techniques and proven tools to educate health information professionals and the general public. Both of these individuals encompass the definition of the AHIMA Legacy Award, and we are proud to recognize Rose T. Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, CHIPS, FAHIMA, and Lou Ann Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCSP, as the 2008 Legacy Award Recipients.
Ms. Dunn is well recognized and respected in the HIM profession as well as with the Healthcare Finance Management Association (HFMA). She has been in the HIM profession since 1973, and through this longevity has demonstrated great insight into improving HIM practices and functions. She is also an accomplished writer and presenter. Her live presentations and audio conferences on productivity and benchmarking support the content of her published text on Benchmarking Coding Quality and Productivity.
Ms. Dunn’s great leadership and volunteerism are demonstrated through serving on several state and national committees including a position as an editorial advisory, chairman of the FORE Board of Directors, president of AHIMA, president of the Missouri HIMA, and president of the St. Louis Chapter for HFMA. She has advanced the HIM profession and serves as an important resource to the HIM community, exemplifying a true HIM Legacy professional. Congratulations to Ms. Dunn on this award and recognition!
Ms. Schraffenberger is a nationally recognized author of several AHIMA publications, providing concise instruction, theoretical concepts, and innovation to improve coding skills. She has also assisted with advancing the management of coding services through her indepth knowledge and expertise.
As a leader and volunteer for the HIM profession, Ms. Schraffenberger has served on a variety of national associations; the Joint Commission Hospital Professional and Technical Advisory Committee, the HCPCS Editorial Advisory Panel, HCPCS Central Office of the AHA, and the APC Advisory Panel Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. In addition, she was a key player in the creation of the Society for Clinical Coding.
|June 26, 2008
RELEASE OF INFORMATION GUIDE:
||Dunn’s latest book on release of information practices has been published by HcPro. See “ Publications and Periodicals” for additional information.
June 3, 2008
RAC PREPARATION SERVICES:
First Class Solutions, Inc. announces the addition of Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) preparation support services for healthcare providers. The RAC Demonstration Projects in Florida, New York, and California have successfully proven to the U.S. Government and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that improper payments have been issued to healthcare providers. At a time when the Medicare health insurance fund is anticipating insolvency by 2019, CMS will be expanding the RAC program to encompass all providers that bill Part A or Part B.
First Class Solutions, Inc. intends to provide education about RAC tactics, focus areas, and documentation requirements and assist in shoring up case management/utilization review services. Additionally, First Class Solutions, Inc. will conduct vulnerability reviews for its clients to assist them in identifying potential areas of concern that should be addressed going forward.
Credentialed and experienced health information and utilization review/case management staff members are available immediately to assist clients in this endeavor.
First Class Solutions’ technology division intends to launch a RAC tracking application for use by providers to manage RAC requests, denials and activities.
If you would like more information about this Release, or to schedule an interview with Rose Dunn, please call 314-290-7800 or Contact US
March 27-28, 2008
KHIMA TAPS DUNN: Rose Dunn will be presenting several sessions at the Kansas Health Information Management Association’s State Convention.
D. KATHY BELL: First Class Solutions announces the hiring of Donna Kathy Bell, RHIT, CCS as one of its coding consultants. Ms. Bell has worked for a national transcription firm, served in HIM Director roles, and has extensive coding experience. “Kathy’s well-rounded experience in HIM will certainly benefit our clients,” Rose Dunn, COO said.
REMMICH JOINS FCS: First Class Solutions is proud to announce that Bill Remmich, MBA, FHFMA, has joined the auditing team of the company. Bill will be working with Jane Werner, RHIT, CCS, Vice President of Coding and Compliance. “Having a partner that has such in depth financial experience will certainly be an added plus for our firm and our clients,” said Werner.
2nd EDITION OF More With Less PUBLISHED: The second edition of the popular More With Less: Best Practices for HIM Directors,was updated by Rose T. Dunn, Author, and published. For more information, see “Books and Periodicals” on this website.
April 19, 2006
DUNN AUTHORS BOOK ON CODING PRODUCTIVITY: HcPro published Rose Dunn’s book entitled Coder Productivity: Tapping Your Team’s Talents to Improve Quality and Reduce Accounts Receivable.
November 1, 2005
DUNN CONTRIBUTES TO DENIAL MANAGEMENT BOOK: Pam Waymack’s book on Denial Management includes a chapter authored by Rose Dunn. The chapter, Focusing Operational Efforts to Reduce Denials, discusses the constituency of the denial management team, team responsibilities, data collection techniques, and evaluating the revenue cycle to reduce claim denials.
First Class Solutions, Inc.
St. Louis Business Journal , May 22-28, 2000
Werner Earns "First Class" Promotion
For the Record , May 5, 2003
First Class Releases CORTRAK, The ROI Tracking System
Advance, May 12, 2003
First Class Solutions, Inc. Releases Cortrak V. 4.2
For the Record , June 16, 2003
FORE Corporate Partner Award
December 1 , 2003
Establishing a Legacy to Continue FORE's Work
AHIMA Advantage, December 2003