About Our Interim Managers and Management Consultants:
Our team comes to you equipped to handle today’s problems. And today’s health information management (HIM) environment is one that is dynamically changing. Unlike past years when the health information management department was a physical location within the organization housing some paper records but working within electronic health records, the HIM department has evolved into a different structure. HIM today is partially virtual, decentralized, and transitioning to the information governance function for the healthcare organization. It has taken on information security roles, data analytics and data mining of the entity’s Big Data, oversees privacy controls, disclosures, and practices, ensures revenue integrity through coding integrity, monitors patient identity and prevents identity theft, and governs the health information of your patients from a broader spectrum than the historical paper record days.
Today’s Health Information Management and Health Information Integrity directors are responding to challenges unlike the past and need to think “outside” the traditional 4 walls of yesteryear. They must play an integral role in EHR enhancement, staff productivity, cost reduction, regulatory compliance, external audit intrusions, revenue cycle demands, privacy protections, and a myriad of hotspots percolating in our industry. Additionally, these directors must serve as a change agent to streamline information governance throughout the organization and motivate staff to adopt change, focus on customer relations, encourage innovation, and foster collaboration within the healthcare organization and the community served.
Our team of professionals will be visionaries for your health information integrity activities and actively participate in creating solutions for the future information demands of your healthcare delivery system.
- Short-term or Long-Term Engagements (Interim Coverage):
Finding an innovative Director or Manager for your HIM, and Coding, Departments take time. In the interim, these critical functions can drift off-course with a significant impact on your cashflow, the revenue cycle, privacy monitoring, and release of information disclosures.
Our approach to temporary management is to place an experienced Health Information Professional with a proven management track record in your organization while search for the right Director or Manager. We will also supplement the skills of the person we place with guidance from another of our team members, when applicable and available. Our managers can effectively work virtually with occasional on site visits.
Our manager will routinely update you on the status of the department and will:
- Assume full day-to-day management
- Evaluate present daily operations
- Stabilize the department’s operations
- Organize workflow and processes
- Interact and collaborate with other department heads and leadership
- Serve as a liaison between medical, clinical, and financial staffs
- Collaborate with others to enhance revenue cycle performance
- Prepare budgets
- Prepare and update policies, and procedures
- Participate on committees and taskforces
- Educate others as needed
- Establish and/or monitor productivity standards
- Evaluate capital and space needs and define requirements
- Monitor compliance with regulatory and accreditation agency requirements
- Orient your newly hired manager
We assist our clients with their recruitment efforts in three ways:
- When we are serving in the interim role for which they are recruiting, we will conduct screening interviews, coordinate on-site interviews, and maintain contact with the candidates until a decision is made.
- Upon request, we will conduct a search for a candidate. The search includes advertising, screening interviews, and referral of qualified candidates to the client.
- We will conduct testing of coding skills for coding candidates. Results will be conveyed only to you, the client, to allow you to factor in the coding score in your selection criteria.
Services are provided on an hourly and cost-incurred basis.